Local projects on now:-
- Helping with children's reading at Toorak Primary School
- Planning & rolling out the "Rotary Rebuilding Nepal - a Bite at a Time" major fundraiser campaign
- Planning & rolling out the "Toilets for Indian Schools" project in conjunction with 'We Can't Wait" & Rotary Districts in India.
- Involving local schools & students in the "Give Polio the Finger" promotion, starting now - culminating on World Polio Day, 24th October!
Local Projects in the works!:-
- Helping students at the Horace Petty Estate Homework Club
- Having fun and helping building motor skills and confidence in children with disabilities at the new "Busy Feet" class to be shared with Rotarians from Prahran, Toorak and Malvern clubs. Starting early 2016 on a tuesday afternoon for an hour.
- Helping develop skills and friendships at the proposed "Men's Shed" being set up by DHS, Horace Petty Estate management and Rotary Prahran.
- Rotarians in India will oversee the construction of a 12 cubicle toilet block at a secondary school in India (servicing 600 students) paid for by Rotary Prahran & foundation funds.
- Rotarians in Nepal will similarly ensure funds we raise go to post earthquake reconstruction projects where they are most needed.
ROTARY PRAHRAN MEMBERS & SUPPORTERS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT THESE PROJECTS IN INDIA & NEPAL IN 2016/ 2017.