Rotary Prahran sponsors RIMERN!
Rotary Clubs from Prahran, Albert Park, North Melbourne, Balwyn, North Balwyn, Canterbury, Camberwell, Central Melbourne, Carlton, Flemington Kensington and Chadstone/East Malvern are amongst the foundation partners for this Centenary of Rotary in Australia community service project, which in June 2021 opened it's doors in East Brunswick!
After a long search for premises, RIMERN is now recruiting it's volunteer army needed to collect, sort, repack, repair and despatch all the donations that are already rolling in the door! Of particular need will be volunteers with electrical skills to repair, test & tag appliances like fridges, washing machines, heaters and fans..... so if you are interested or know anyone, please CONTACT US here!
What sort of donations will RIMERN welcome? Furniture that will suit a small scale home, be functional and provide a dignified start to people starting over.....
- Household Furniture (in good condition)
- Whitegoods (in good working order)
- Electrical Appliances (in working order) – microwaves, flat screen TVs with remotes, toasters, kettles, lamps, heaters, fans etc. All donated electrical appliances must be electrically and functionally tested and tagged by us in accordance with Australian Standards. Those with cords that are frayed, torn or damaged are not accepted. EERN does not have the resources to be able to repair damaged appliances
- Beds / Mattresses, Bedding / Linen and blankets (in good, clean condition)
- Household Utensils – small amounts of crockery, cutlery and cooking equipment in good clean condition
Items that won't be accepted by RIMERN include the following:
- single chairs
- “fifties style” Laminex tables
- corner units of any size
- desks other than small student desks
- large framed pictures and mirrors
- mattresses with ANY stain or mark
- sofa beds, futons or recliner chairs & couches
- old and worn mattresses even if clean
- spring bed bases
- foam or latex mattresses
- “saggy” mattresses
- King-sized beds and mattresses
- anything longer than 1.8 metres high or over 1.8 metres long that is not a mattress or part of a bed base.
- sewing machines
- electrical goods that are in obvious need of repair or look worn out
- electric blankets
- computers and related items ( these may be accepted by Donations In Kind, West Footscray)
- Cathode Ray Tube TVs (i.e. the big bulky old TVs)
- TVs exceeding 80 cms (side to side)
- radiograms, organs, speakers
- double “side by side” door fridges
- bassinets, cots, highchairs, porta cots, car seats, prams, pushers etc (please donate to St Kilda Mums)
- disability aids (please donate to RAMP at Donations In Kind instead)
- books/ records
- user consumables
- outdoor items
- anything that is fixed to a building e.g. stove, oven, dishwasher
- carpet offcuts